Women Owned Business Statistics 2021
Let’s look at women owned business statistics from 2021 (source: Fundera)
1. The US has 12.3 million women owned businesses.
2. US women owned businesses generate $1.8 trillion a year.
3. 40% of US businesses are women owned.
4. Women started 1,821 net new businesses every day last year.
5. 64% of new women-owned businesses were started by women of color last year.
6. Latina women owned businesses grew more than 87%.
7. There are 114% more women entrepreneurs than there were 20 years ago.
8. 62% of women entrepreneurs cite their business as their primary source of income.
9. Private tech companies led by women achieve 35% higher ROI.
10. Women-founded companies in First Round Capital’s portfolio outperformed companies founded by men by 63%.
11. Just 25% of women business owners seek business financing.
12. Women-owned businesses added half a million jobs between 1997 and 2007.
13. Women receive just 7% of venture funds for their startups.
14. Women have a 69.5% success rate of crowdfunding for their businesses while men have a 61.4% success rate.
15. 57.4% of the SBA Microloan program’s loan went to women-owned or women-led businesses.
16. Female entrepreneurs ask for roughly $35,000 less in business financing than men.
17. Overall, men receive an average loan size of $43,916 while women receive an average loan size of $38,942 – almost $5,000 less.